Saturday, March 18, 2006

Company for church

Well, due to the excessive snowfall during the past two weeks, the Free Methodist church here in Prince Albert experienced a partial roof collapse yesterday.

As a result, the congregation from that church will be joining us for worship tomorrow. They are also going to meet after worship to formulate some plans for their future meetings.

This is a difficult time for them, but we can make it better by watching out for them, and making them feel at home.

It´s also a cool opportunity to worship our same God together.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my!



    I guess it will be cool to worship with them though, but what a way to bring it about.



    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific opportunity to blur the lines of denomination serving each other and seeking God together

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Free Methodists seem to be adopted a lot these days...the Saskatoon FM's are sharing our facility (well technically THEIR facility I guess)with the Lutheran's until our new building is done.



    I think it is incredibly cool when God's people can ditch the titles and just love each other. I think this is what heaven will be like, only the coffee will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was out of town this weekend, so I missed meeting our FM guests.



    Christy: I spent my teenage and early-20s years as part of the congregation that has recently purchased your church building, and I still have family and friends there. It looks like a good facility.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I began my church association at the FM church when I was 2-3 yrs old here in P.A. and what an example that pastor was to me at that young age.....because I can remember him even today. Our meeting on Sunday for me, was especially beautiful as I shared God's presence again with them. I even remember a couple of the older folks who were there when I was little!



    That's enough to praise God for!!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.