Tuesday, May 02, 2006

P.A. Radio. All CHRISTIANS, All The Time. Pt. 2.

Good Grief.

I have just returned from my first Prince Albert Christian Radio For The Masses and World Outreach Center Society Meeting. PACRFTMWOCSM for short.

I went because I love good radio, and I believe this could be a wonderful opportunity for the church in Prince Albert to care for the city over the airwaves.

But I confess some discouragement after the two hour meeting was over.

15 people attended. 3 from more conservative Baptist churches, 2 from a somewhat conservative housechurch group, 5 from the Alliance church, one from the catholic church and one from the Anglican church, and me, a Covenanter. There were also three people who were not connected with any churches at all.

I think where we got hung up was that some of the more self described ?Conservative Baptists? wanted to know exactly the kind of Mission Statement we would have. Now I understand this, because how can you support something you don´t agree with.

Alas it kind of came down to a ?My way or the highway? from the one Baptist guy.

As I said, I understand what he was saying, but it was much more his superior attitude that made me uncomfortable. Oh, and his jokes about ?Us and them? (Them being the real bad sinners). Why do things church related have to be so tension filled.

There were some of what I would call reasonable people there who have a heart for this city and God. I could really work with many of them.

But hey, if we have to clarify who gets to say what at what time of the day on a radio station that doesn´t yet exist during our first meeting, that just makes me a bit concerned for the future.

Maybe the highway is ok.

9 comments:

  1. :-(



    Bloomin' Christians.



    ;-)



    I wish you could see the guys in Bicester working together, as it would encourage you. But for those that do the DMOTH thing, show them the door. There's no place in the church for that kind of thing.



    Oh the subtle irony of that statement.



    Nuts. I'll even fellowship with people that accept women in ministry. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

  2. :)





    Well, the one guy did state at one point about how all the men who would be doing this would need to be... whatever.



    You could see the ladies in the room melt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    waiting for flickr...



    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh. It's opened now.



    Flickr. >:-(



    Nice idea, but lacks rapidity in delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, shortly I'll be moving to a Wordpress format for the Blog. That's why i haven't been quick to change some of the images, esp. the flickr ones.



    Stay tuned.



    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't even envision those kinds of problems. I was thinking more in terms of what genres to play, which artists, and perhaps most pot-stirring of all, what is considered "Christian" music? I wouldn't have guessed what you described would happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Randall - it's not the images per se. Photobucket seems much faster delivering images without the javascript overhead that flickr burdens its image delivery system with. I always groan when I see a flickr link, and have to really want to see the image before I'll bother to wait for it to load.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Discouraging but not surprising.



    If it really is a God thing then I feel confident God will work through all people to make it happen and those who are unwilling to seek God's agenda will not be involved.



    Them Baptists...

    Did I mention that hubby and I are both baptized Southern Baptists, so I am allowed a certain amount of criticism in jest with those guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about the meeting. I think sometimes we as Christians get in God's way and it must annoy him.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.