Thursday, May 04, 2006

Space to live in.


We started receiving the Prince Albert Daily Herald Digital edition this week, so when I have a moment I pull it up and peruse the latest edition. The thing I like the most about it is that the paper comes as a PDF file and when I load it up, I´m able to do searches through it for names or places I´m interested in.

I think it was last week Micah was in the paper for his good marks in the band festival. I would have missed it completely, except that I opened it and just caught the name ?Friesen.? Now it´s much easier to search for that name, and up it pops. Not too bad at all.

However, that´s a freebee, it isn´t the point of this post.

I realized while reading it that it´s been a long time since I have written something for the Daily Herald. December 3rd to be exact. And now it´s already past Easter and Spring.

Not only have I written less for the paper, but I´ve been writing less in general, and it feels a little gypped inside.

Life has been amazingly busy during the past 2 months, and I have put the writing on the shelf as I try to cope with life. This feels more and more like I´m moving away from the cool new things I was discovering about creativity and discipline and writing. I miss it.

Last week I tried to take a few days off, although you know how that goes. But as the week progressed I found new things springing up in my head to write about like I haven´t seen coming for a long time.

For me there seems to be a connection between having my head free of clutter, and then creativity comes creeping back in there.

So if I want to do something I enjoy, like writing, I need to get my head space cleared out a bit and create room up there for creativity to grow.

Not as easy to do as it is to type it on the screen.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your "many articles!!" in the Herald. One tends to get pretty tired of seeing the same old stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randall, sounds like I could have written this thing about not writing in the last while. Read it to Jill and thought I heard myself inside your words. Good counsel - take a little clear head time and get back into the creativity.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.