Tuesday, July 11, 2006

P.A. plugged into world through web

I got a call yesterday from a Daily Herald reporter. He wanted to talk a bit about the Internet in Prince Albert.

So hey, I talked.

This was the front page result.



By Carter Haydu | Herald Staff




Prince Albert is getting online.

Just ask Randall Friesen. Through his weblog, randallfriesen.com, the local Gateway Covenant Church pastor became close friends with a man in England.

This year, the man and his family travelled to Prince Albert to meet Friesen in person.

“The coolest thing (about blogging) is just the friends I"ve made. I didn"t see that coming,”? he said.

Friesen said there a growing community of bloggers in the city.

The online minister believes the rest of Prince Albert is also becoming quite Internet suave.

At least one business owner is trying to cash in on that growing techno crowd.

...more.






Life in a smaller fishbowl can be fun.

4 comments:

  1. very cool. i'd say you're becoming somewhat of a PA Herald celebrity, what with all the articles by, including, or about you that have been popping up in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :p

    You should have told him the 'man from England' also had coffee in Shananighans, just to help close the loop.

    ;»?)

    Maybe I'll be famous as the 'man who visited' too. Infamous prolly - as in "infamy, infamy - they've all got it in-for-me".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randall, I hope you don't get to famous that you think you are too good for us. HA, HA, HA!!!

    Next time you get in the paper about blogging, give my two blogs a plug will ya? ;)

    www.fishhead2100.blogspot.com (personal)
    www.speakyourmind.wordpress.com (a new project I am working on)

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.