Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A New Day in Education

Today starts a new day in the educational history of my family.

My great grandfather was a farmer and a school teacher, yet his education was quite limited.

My grandfather was a farmer and pastor, and his education was also quite limited. Though he was able to take some correspondence courses which helped with his work.

My father was able to get as far as grade ten, and he would later on take night courses to upgrade and eventually became a real estate agent and a properties manager.

I graduated with a four year degree from college. I continue to upgrade and take courses that help me with my work.

Today a Friesen enters University. Hillary starts her classes in a few hours. (That is if she gets the right busses!!) And as such she pioneers a new part of the Friesen history.

Ah yes, what a day indeed. Hopefully she can get a good education, and a great paying job so that I can go live with her when I am old and cranky.

I think that's fair.

5 comments:

  1. If she's going to make enough money to take care of you in your old age ... she better drop out of University and become an auto mechanic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if Hillary is reading this, she no doubt will be saying "what's with this 'WHEN I am old and cranky'"! Dad Friesen, you're just too funny! One good turn deserves another, if you know what I mean;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't make the connection until you left a comment...Madeline starts school today as well. Parallel worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. said daughter stopped by my office today, seems to be doing quite well so far - hasn't really gotten lost, has purchased her text books.....i think she'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.