Thursday, April 29, 2010

Yes but it's moisture

"A winter storm is hitting Calgary and southern Alberta, cancelling flights at the airport, closing schools, and turning area highways into a slick mess.
RCMP in Airdrie, Innisfail and Ponoka have all advised against travel on the QE II due to poor visibility, drifting snow as well as snow covered lanes. Travel is not recommended on Highways 4, 5 and 52 in the Raymond, Cardston and Milk River areas because of poor visibility and heavy slush covered roads and strong winds.
In the city, roads are slush covered and slick but watch for ramps and hills. Some cars are getting stuck or sliding down. Calgary transit is also advising that bus service may be delayed as some buses have been getting stuck.
Dozens of flights have been cancelled at the Calgary International Airport, and many more have been delayed. via."


Yes, that's where I am heading in a while. QE II.
Thankfully I'm driving so my flight won't be cancelled.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Drive carefully.
    I'm sure the area farmers are relieved - this should help reduce the drought worries.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.