Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Two milestones in one day


Well today was one of those days when your kid seems to zoom ahead in a couple of different areas and you want to celebrate his successes, and you also want to celebrate your successes as parents.

Today was one of those days for us all here.

This was Micah's first day of grade 12, his last year of public school education. As we have done for many of the school years, we snapped a picture as he was ready to head out the door.

(Top picture taken today, bottom picture taken during his first day of school, Grade One, or Kindergarten. Front, left.)

It's kinda hard to believe that we are old enough for our last child to be into his last year of school. It's also just a really surprising thing to think that we are making it through life at an amazing rate of speed. I remember the long evenings sitting with the kids on the couch, reading their "Learning To Read" books. Good memories.

But as if that wasn't enough, Micah was booked to take his Drivers License road test this afternoon. He was nervous but when he returned to the driver testing centre he excitedly reported a passing grade. Good job and woo hoo and thanks be to God.

When I think of those times when I've sat in those waiting rooms, waiting and praying for the kids out on their tests, and how stressful those times were even for the parents, well I'm glad they are all accomplished drivers now.

Today was a resoundingly successful day for Micah, but Lauralea and I are wallowing in it a bit as well.

:)



1 comment:

  1. Excellent stuff. I hope this is a really good and fulfilling year for you all.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.