Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Tuesday in October

It’s early morning prayer here today and so I walked over to the church in the dark and made coffee and heated the water for the guys who wanted tea. There were seven of us there today, and it was good. We laugh and talk and check up on how each other is doing. And we pray. It’s a challenging time to pray but what’s surprising is that God is up at 6:30 am Mountain Standard Time.

So I’m at my desk early, and it’s a mess. The past few weeks have been stressful at work as we help the congregation discern some possible changes in space and building, so my clean study hasn’t been near the top of my list.

Now that piece of church life is done and so I look at my piles on my desk and I’m making appointments to connect with people again. I have about a week until our holidays finally start and so I am putting myself in a tight place again.

Holidays will be good. They have been delayed this year, mainly so we could be around to help the church process these things, but they are much needed now. I can tell that because my patience level is now down to a thin membrane that is holding, but rest is needed. I told the guys this morning that I expect to be sitting in my lawn chair in the front yard next week with a cool drink in my hand, so the weather better hold.

The sun is coming up over the horizon now so I’ll check if we have internet now, and if so then we’ll post this. This day is full of board and deacon and staff meetings so we better get at it.

Just a day in the life of a pastor.



Looking West


1 comment:

  1. Glad you've got that decision out of the way - hope you can rest when it comes to it.

    Good to see you've discovered the pleasure of switchback roads and long lenses too. :)

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.