Thursday, November 28, 2019

Black Thursday?

It feels like it’s turning into one of those days where you have to push and fight for every inch forward. That every new thing on the schedule seems against you, like shoveling water, or running on ice.

Let’s just say that the car is in the shop, and I’ve just left the dentist with half a frozen mouth slurring speech. My appointments for the afternoon need to be rescheduled, depends on how long the car is in the shop.

But for today we do have the money to cover it. For today we’ll be alright.

There have been many years in our lives that we haven’t had the money. That we don’t get the car fixed or that we just pull the tooth and eat more soup.

Yet it’s not lost on me that all of our kids have straight teeth. That I have not had to eat more soup (although I want to eat more soup because I like it) And that whenever the broken cars we have had have died, there’s always been something else ready for us to use. Every time we’ve needed a vehicle, it’s been there.

So really I have much to be grateful for. I have not had to depend on my own strength or my own resources to save the day. Seems that the passage in Matthew 6 is true.

"Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

For us anyway.
Be blessed.






We called her the Velvet Fog because she always left a trail of blue smoke behind her.

I just never realized how many kms we put on it, till I found this photo.

We should have called it Jehoveh-jireh, God provides.



3 comments:

  1. It's a weird feeling, having enough and to spare, isn't it? For so many years, like you, cars would be made to limp along, teeth get pulled, fallen trees quietly cut up by hand for fuel and even roadkill used for dinner occasionally. I think I recall velvet fog too.

    It's good to have enough to not be fixated on money & where it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to recall a good story of yours of cooking up some roadkill for supper. :)

    Been thinking about you this week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Randall.

      Poverty is a good training ground, but not much fun - pheasant a la RTA anyone?

      Delete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.