Friday, August 28, 2020

New Theme / Old Theme

I think this is where I am landing for a bit, theme wise.

It actually reminds me a good deal of my very first blog theme. Info panel on the left, blues in colour, lots of white. Fairly simple.

Its sort of fun and embarrassing to go back and read the posts from 18 years ago. I was such a different person. The heavies of the internet were still not out there as much. Trolls were rare. Dark commenting was not happing a lot.

As an old-timer would say, they were the good old days.

Well thanks to Toni, I was able to access an older template and tweak to my hearts content. You may occasionally still see a wee bit of his handiwork in this template that I left in, sort of as homage to his good self.

Funny how some websites and blogs are oddly comforting to visit. Like old friends, their colours and voices are safe places to end up.

Anyway, what's old is new again.


2 comments:

  1. Was that a nice way of saying I didn't move with the times? I'm reminded that you're my elder brother in the blogosphere!

    ;-)

    Looks to me like you made this your own, with the links in the top bar, colours, and of course the content. As for the posts of 18 years ago, there's no shame in what's been written sincerely and with the best intentions. Sure you may not think or speak like that now, but in another 18 years.... you'll have changed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have come a long way in this blogging world Toni.
    Pretty much blog-fathers.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.