Friday, May 09, 2003

If thy arm offends thee?



GRAND JUNCTION, Colo.--Hopelessly pinned by a boulder that had rolled onto his arm, Aron Ralston says he finally took a dull pocketknife to his forearm after spending three days in a remote Utah canyon--but he couldn't cut the skin.

On the fifth day, he summoned up all his technique and nerve:

''I was able to first snap the radius and then within another few minutes snap the ulna at the wrist and from there, I had the knife out and applied the tourniquet and went to task. It was a process that took about an hour,'' he said.

Ralston made frequent references to prayer and spirituality during his news conference. He said he felt a surge of energy on the fifth day, which happened to be the National Day of Prayer.

''I may never fully understand the spiritual aspects of what I experienced, but I will try,'' he said. ''The source of the power I felt was the thoughts and prayers of many people, most of whom I will never know.''



Amazing, just amazing. well, amazing and gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.