Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Prayer of Jael

Mark Riddle has some "Biblical scenes you will never see on a Precious Moments figurine" that are worth checking out;
- David Killing 200 philistines and cutting off their foreskins.
- Sodom and Gomorrah

Well, not to be outdone, Andrew Jones came up with...



THE PRAYER OF JAEL

(you remember - the tent, the tent-peg, the forehead . . . ) "Then Jael, Heber's wife, took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him, and SMOTE the nail into his temples . . ." Judges 4:21, KJV

And what was the Prayer of Jael? Probably something like this . . .

"Oh God, may this ******* die quickly, and may he stop bleeding all over my ***** tent.!"

If people like the Prayer of Jael, then I might consider setting up a network of Bible studies to reflect on it. It might be popular with the ladies, especially those that enjoyed the movie "Chicago".

Do you think the Precious Moments company would buy the rights from me to make a Jael figurine?




I laughed, I cried, it moved me. Check out the rest of it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.