Friday, June 13, 2003

Devil in it...

You know how "they," say "The devil's in the details?"


Well, he isn't, he's in the Networking cards.


Thomas and I spent hours last night trying to hook up two computers with a crossover cable. The networking guy at Futureshop happened to be a networking guy, (How Future Shop ever got him I'll never know!!)


In the process, we lost the internet, and we're not sure if our network card is working, or if we toasted it somehow. Anyway, I worked on it till, well till late. But I got the Internet back!! WooHoo.


I get it all set up, right settings, but they still won't ping each other, Arrg.


Well, after a bit of sleep, I come down here and think, let's just check the cable package again. What do you know, it's a patch cable, and I'm sure I need a Cross Over cable. The guy must have grabbed the patch one by mistake.


(At least this is the slim hope I'm clinging to!)


Anyway, Blessings on your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.