Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Mick @ 60

So, Mick Jagger turned 60 this weekend.

Hmm. My mom is 60 (sorry mom!), and she doesn't move like the narrow hipped, big lipped wonder does.

I'm turning 40 (may God help us) next week, and I can hardly move around the stage AND SING, when I'm worship leading. Mick runs around the stage, singing and dancing (or whatever it is that he does).

Well, God Bless him anyway, and may he live and sing long enough to move around the stage with a walker. That will be something to see!

I like his latest CD, especially this song.




"Joy"

Oh joy, love you bring
Oh joy make my heart sing

And I drove across the desert
I was in my four wheel drive
I was looking for the Buddha
And I saw Jesus Christ

He smiled and shrugged his shoulder
And lit a cigarette
Said jump for joy
Make some noise
Remember what I said

My soul is a like a ruby
And I threw it in the earth
But now my hands are bleeding
From scrabbling in the dirt
And I look up to the heavens
And a light is on my face
I never never never
Thought I'd find a state of grace

Hey joy
Love you bring
Oh joy
Make my heart sing
Oh joy
Joy in everything

Joy joy joy oh joy
Joy joy joy oh joy

I was drowning in the darkness
As I drove down to the sea

And I looked up to the mountain
And the light burst over me
Joy joy joy oh oh joy

You make me sing
Joy

Oh joy
The love you bring
You make me sing
Oh joy
In everything

Jump for joy




When was the last time you jumped for joy? Better try it today, before you end up using a walker.


 

2 comments:

  1. What's happened to Mick? Wouldn't it be funny if the man that sang about sympathy for the devil discovered there was life before death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's been hangin out with Bono.



    This song is a duet with him.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.