Saturday, August 30, 2003

Far away friends

Lauralea and I just spent an hour talking with a friend who lives in th UK. She's been through alot of crap lately and life is tough. But we are able to encourage one another as we journey towards eternity.


Technology is a great thing, in that it lets us listen and talk and express care and love, at least verbally. But it is frustrating too. It doesn't let us touch, hug or look into one anothers eyes.


After our initial greetings she said in jest, "Well, I should put the tea on then." Phones are great, but they don't do tea. They don't do, "I'll wash up the dishes while you go lie down a bit" or, "I can pick that up on my way over." They don't let you sit at a table for three hours eating pasta and garlic bread and a good red wine.


Anyway, I am glad that we are able to talk, and pray together. I'm glad God doesn't Yahoo, and that he isn't limited by space or time.


And I'm glad for friends.

4 comments:

  1. "eating pasta and garlic bread and a good red wine"



    Look on the bright side - no-one can smell garlic breath down a telephone or across a web page ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true.



    And, I won't get arrested for surfing in my underwear!!



    :->

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too much information! Just don't get a webcam, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, to late, we already got one!!!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.