Monday, September 29, 2003

Monday morning


Well, morning all.


It feels a bit weird around here today. Lauralea went back to bed after the kids left this morning. She's sleeping upstairs right now. So I'm trying to catch up on some of this stuff.


The only thing we need to do today is to get to an appointment at a bank this afternoon. Last year, for various surprise reasons, we ended up spending more than we took in. To date this hasn't been a great problem because we have just used our Visa card in a temporary way. This year we couldn't pay it all off and I'll be jiggered if I'm going to pay 18.5 % (Choke, spit spew!!) for the privilege. So the bank is setting up a line of credit for us at prime plus 2%. Sigh. Such are the realities of life I suppose.


I used to think it an amazing miracle if God would provide a huge chunk of change all at one time. But I'm beginning to wonder if the greater miracle isn't that God provides enough for this week, like he did last week, like he did the week before that and the week before that etc.  It is amazing that He provides at all, let alone on a regular basis, just enough, just enough, just enough. He is good.


We are also trying to get ready to go to the Pastors and spouses retreat in Calgary in a week or... hang on, it's next week!! grief, I've got a bit of work to do before then.


Anyway, I should go think of something to feed Micah for lunch. Lauralea is showing no signs of activity and it will take me twice as long to figure this out as it would take her, so I'm on it.



3 comments:

  1. I agree about the provision: it's amazing how He provides.



    About 10 or 11 years ago (a cople of years after we moved here) we'd had a few disasters, and my income only just matched our outgoings. We were ready to sell the cottage and move into Bicester, but after fasting really felt God say 'stay put'. About 18 months later he provided a pile of cash that lifted us clear and enabled forward thinking, rather than just trying to work out how to make the next end meet.



    It still amazes me that He gives so generously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is strange what some of us Christians call "material blessings". I often think that we get material blessing confused with material hoarding. I think the blessing part wares out at basic needs and then we choose to bless ourselves with material things.



    It makes me sick when people say things like, "God has blessed me with a BMW" or some other extavagance that is not necessity and not from God.



    I think that God prefers to work like you've mentioned, day-to-day, for our own good so that we grow closer to him and learn to depend on him more. If God gave us a lump sum at the beginning of our lives, it would be much more difficult to learn to depend on him for anything, including salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya.....God is the only provider we can really count on. "Things", "Stuff", "Possessions"..... I'm finally beginning to see their UNimportance and working through this whole issue. The hands-on lesson with YOUR money, Randall, got me thinking........God help me!!!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.