Monday, September 08, 2003

Sunday

I didn't find much time on the computer yesterday because the day turned out to be so full.

 

It started before 8 as I wanted to get up and over to the church to spend some time praying, thinking, preparing, for the day. I usually like this time alone, with God and my thoughts. It's like my anchor for the day, the place I get the connections established and solid.

 

Around 9 am the musicians arrived and we did some catching up on our lives and stories. Then we got to practicing. Usually we practice during the week, but this past week we hadn't, so we made good use of our practice time. At 9:30 we held a church potluck breakfast thing, where everyone brings some food item and we share it in a meal together. This was a celebration of the start of September and our fall activities. It was great. I usually don't eat or drink anything Sunday mornings. (Not for a particularly noble purpose, but rather, I don't want to have to use the washroom at 11:25 in the morning!!) But today was different. There was Quiche and cheese and sausage and, and, ..... Well, I did eat a bit. (And I was ok.)

 

Our worship began at 11 am, and to me it felt good. There are times when I don't have a clue what God is doing in a meeting, but yesterday, he seemed to be all over the place. The worship was sweet. The access we had to him in prayer was amazing. We shared together in Communion and Blessed one another with God's Peace. Then I preached what I thought was a mediocre sermon, yet God blessed many of us by His word to us. It was just a good morning.

 

We invited some friends over for lunch. We fed the kids first and got them moved along then we took over the kitchen and sat and ate and visited and nibbled and drank for over three hours. It was great. Those are the moments I like the most. The laughter, the food, the care, the shared jokes and stories, a good strong coffee and a nice bottle of vino.

 

By then it was after 5, so we began to shut er down soon after. It seems that 3 or 4 of the family have got the sniffles and seem to be getting colds! It's been a warm September so far, so I'm surprised at their sickness. Might just be the being back at school thing, where germs and colds find a home!!

 

So, that was the day. A good, blessed day.

 

Thank you Father.


2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was good. God was there...chatting away to me, through you...and it was very, very good. We are such a diverse bunch, aren't we? The potluck breakfast was such an indication of that!! What if we had all brought Quiche...so, I will thank the Father for good, faithful and different friends...in our diverseness we can still be one (kind of .....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Randall, you've got my jealousy gland going. Sounds like you had a great day. Isn't it funny how, when we've got it all together God seems a little less involved, yet when we're struggling to hold it together he's there, moving and touching. It's encouraging to know that thanks to our 'weakness' He is given room to move.



    Your recall of yesterday made me smile. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.