Saturday, January 24, 2004

Annual Meeting day

For whatever reason, I'm feeling very,  useless as a pastor these days. 


And today is our church Annual Meeting, so I've been reviewing the past year of ministry and work. Lots and lots of work and effort has gone into the year, and I do see change/growth happening, but it often seems to happen at a snails pace.


Then, in my insecurities I start to compare myself to other pastors I know and ... well that's not good or healthy.


But Jeff Anderson is here leading us through some growth things, and it's cool to see an old friend again. That's encouraging.


So, as you think of us, send up a note or two. Thanks


 

3 comments:

  1. It's snowing here in Regina with a wind that is straight from.........well, the east. A wind is blowing up there too and I like to believe it is the wind of the Holy Spirit....maybe we do need a hurricane and not a soft, gentle breeze! Can God blow his Spirit like that or does it always have to be "gentle"? Anyway, keep on with us. I've been praying for all of you....... Just want to encourage you, too, Randall, as you lead us. We need you.



    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. Annual meeting day is never a lot of fun for pastors. My worst day is always the day I fill out our denominations annual report. Reducing the church to some numbers. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The minute you start to be 'good at the job' is when you really need to worry. Sorry you've got to learn a bit more endurance today.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.