Monday, February 16, 2004

Friends, supper, and hangin out

We went to Saskatoon today, trying to catch up with my folks. We haven't visited with them since christmas time, so we went in for lunch.


I stopped in at the big book store and picked up a copy of my favourite mag which they had been holding for me, Classic FM. I love the reading and it comes with a great CD.


Then we got back to P.A. in time to get Johanna to work at Zellers for a 4pm shift, and we headed to some friends for supper.


It was a nice laid back evening. I was planning to be out of there by 8pm, but, well we just got home and it's after 10pm. Thanks guys for a good evening.


One reason we were late was cause the kids are out of school this week. Winter break it's called, and it's going to be a great time to clean rooms and catch up on homework!!


Gonna be a weird week for me too. I've got to get everything ready for Sunday before Wednesday night. Thursday I'm heading to CBC (Covenant Bible College) just outside of Calgary, for some board meetings. The meetings are Friday and Saturday, then I drive back Saturday night, about 7 or 8 hours. I'm really reeeeeally hoping the weather will be nice for me, so I can get back in decent time.


Next Sunday, Radio Canada ( The French "Canadian Broadcasting Corp".) wants to come into our service to take some video for a story they are doing on cross cultural adoptions. We have a family who were missionaries in the Congo, and they have adopted kids, so the story is about them. Thankfully it's not about us (The Church) but you do want to put you're best foot forward when company comes...


So, it may be a crazy week round here, but it started off nicely tonight with friends, food, and relationship.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.