Sunday, February 15, 2004

Random Audio

Since I received my Ipaq some time ago, I have taken to recording various audio clips that are interesting to me. Call it a personality quirk or some such thing, but I gather little bits of life, in audio form.


This has resulted in a small collection of audio, that takes me back in time whenever I listen to it. Clips of my kids in their school and church productions, of my daughters singing and playing at the Music Festival, clips of life in our house as I would turn it on and walk away.


But I also have clips of places and times that rush me right back to those places.


So I opened the vault and here are a couple of those clips. The one's that take me back to a place and time.


These were all recorded in Chicago a couple of years ago, Feb. 02 I believe.


These two were recorded in the El (Subway) on the Blue Line, downtown. Some of the coolest sounds and music can be made in the weirdest places.


Here is a clip of a guy singing "I'm going to make it with you" (842kbs) by Bread. Pretty cool sound.


And here is a guy singing the Beatles, "Yesterday." (667kbs) You've never heard it like this. 


Over here is a short clip from the Jazz club I like, "Andy's." (776kbs) This one was recorded the night some of Frank Sinatra's old band members were playing. Halfway through the evening, Nancy "These boots were made for walkin" Sinatra, came in and sat at the table next to mine.


To Cool.


 

2 comments:

  1. [...] With a little grace and God"s help, I think I will try to get down to my jazz haunt down at 11 E. Hubbard Street. Andy"s Jazz Club always puts on a good evening"s worth of music. (The long time reader will recall the time I was there and Nancy Sinatra came in and sat at the table next to me. Yes, Nancy “These shoes were made for walking”? Sinatra. Bliss.) [...]

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.