Saturday, May 29, 2004

Another generation is done.

Well, a windy rainy day on the prairies, and we laid Grandma to rest, right beside Grandpa.



It was a long, good day. Over 600 came out to say goodbye and thank you to God for Mary Friesen.


The funeral was in the morning with a light lunch in-between. Then the family went out to the graveside for a committal service. Finally we all went back to "Henry's" in Martensville where Grandpa and Grandma bought us all supper, one last time. We hung around a long time, visiting, talking, being quiet. Then we came home.


And we are exhausted.


As for God? He is still so very good. 


 

3 comments:

  1. I was truly inspired at both of the memorial services for your grandparents. What a wonderful heritage! I was again encouraged to finish well. Not to give up the race, but to continue wholeheartedly right to the end. I sensed that your grandparents were very different from each other, but each needed the other and supported the other in every way. What a wonderful example of servanthood - serving each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the photographer for the Wall Photo Directory near the dining room entry at Bethany Manor. The pictures of Mary J.D. and John D. Friesen is still on display. The Friesen family survivors may remove them at their convience. We feel these pictures belong to the surviving family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mr. Driedger, I'll communicate that to the family.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.