Sunday, June 06, 2004

An afternoon in the life...

I have to be in Minneapolis later this month for some meetings. I'm kinda looking forward to it because my work and calling will be affirmed there.


However,


The cost of this trip, if I took it as prescribed, would run over $3000. This is just impossible for the church these days, so I've been working on cheap ways to go.


Turns out some of the guys go on the cheap too, so I spent the afternoon on the internet, lookin for deals.


After a few hours work, I got a Hotel room for less than half price, with a kitchen, so I can eat in. And I got a car rental out of Saskatoon with unlimited miles, so I cut the travel by $500. It's been a lot of hard work, but I think it will work, and be cheaper.


This is part of what I do. Look for cheap travel! 


Oh and, I know some of you live around Minneapolis, so, If you wanna do coffee, give me an email at 


randall(at)randallfriesen.com


 

4 comments:

  1. If I ever have to travel there, who knows? Could be useful.



    I hope the trip is good for you. I used to work for R & D Systems (HQ there) and at that time it was known as Minihopeless in the UK company. Maybe you can bring it some hope ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very nice place to stay. High Speed access, eh? Better than I'll have where I'm going! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you can drum up some HTML linea ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni,

    I hope to send a few e-mails from the Congo. But internet access requires a telephone connection. Well there ain't no phones where I am going! The SAT phone links are too expensive to check out the internet.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.