Saturday, August 21, 2004

The end is near

Saturdays are great when you don't have to be ready to preach the next day!! Tomorrow is my last Sunday of holidays, so we really tried to enjoy the day.


Lauralea's been getting tired of the Corelle dish set we've been using for over six years now. It just doesn't break, ever!! It just takes a licking and ... whatever. So today over toast I had a great brain conniption. I suggested we put all the Corelle in a box and put it away. Then we went down to the Salvation Army store and got random colorful, funky dishes and bowls and a very cool set of retro smooth crystal glasses with their own metal carrying frame. We picked up a retro chrome breadbox too and headed home paying $11.50 for the lot. Not a bad haul if I do say so myself.


So, we have a new set of dishes that we can break like mad Greek wannabees, or give em back when we are done with em. Cool.


Tonight we had some friends over and played a game or two and ate chips and salsa and laughed. A nice evening.


I think I'm ready to go worship God tomorrow with a bunch of his kids. We are thinking of checkin out the Free Methodist church in town here. Their service starts at 11am, -bonus, I can sleep in!!


Alas the end of holidays draws neigh.


Sigh.


 

4 comments:

  1. can you say midlife crisis?



    (re: dishes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you, my midlife crisis will not involve dishes.



    It may well involve a small convertible sports car though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe red is the traditional color of midlife crisis cars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe we could trade corelle...I have your old ones.....so we could trade every few years, just to shake things up a bit....and i like the blue ones better anyway.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.