Thursday, August 26, 2004

man in search of a support system.

So, I had a visit with a gentleman today who looked considerably healthier and lighter than he has looked for some time.


I commented on it. He was impressed I had noticed, then he told me he was cutting back on the carbs. Lots of fruit and veg.


So, I went home and announced at supper that I need to eat more vegetables and fruits and less carbs. Which met with much encouragement from my family.


"Stop eating sweets"


"I don't eat sweets"


"Start walking to work"


"I need my car during the day to get around for my work"


"Stop drinking pop"


"I don't really drink a lot of pop"


"In fact, I don't eat a lot during the day! Rarely breakfast, sometimes lunch, and always supper!"


Big help they were!


Then, tonight I find this on the internet.


The fruit and vegetables we eat are full of crap! (Or some other equally noxious stuff!) See for yourself. And watch if you ever eat an Apple the same way again! 


carb's carb's i need carb's...


 

11 comments:

  1. Yes, families can be really encouraging that way, can't they? It's always your fault that you are in the shape you are. :)



    Actually, I honestly think that (and this might be my lack of self-discipline talking) for one person's diet to be successful the entire household needs to diet. What am I supposed to do if all I can eat is fruit and my wife goes around snacking on chocolate and chips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose you could expect a comment from me when the subject is food:) Randall, eat three, count 'em, three meals a day. And stop eating after 6 or 7 pm (unless it is something "light")

    ...Oh man, that sounds soooo British doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. my theme is to enjoy anything, as long as it's in moderate amounts. except the 'poisonous' fruits n veggies......eat all of them you can! i think the good stuff in them outweighs the bad.



    and if you grow 'em yourself....

    ReplyDelete
  4. sugar free jello, my brother, that's where it's at. ...and there may be crap in vegetables, but there is more crap in chips....

    .....and i will photocopy my weightwatchers for you...and you can come for supper on tuesdays. I will help you, I will not leave you or forsake you either. "He's not heavy, he's my brother." (okay maybe he is heavy, but he's still my brother)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not heavy, I'm short.



    and I don't really eat chips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to burst your bubble but fruits and veggies are bursting with carbs. Carbs are sugars, and fruits and veggies break down into sugars. You probably mean more cutting down on starches, like breads, potatoes, chips, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooo! Blast you, Carbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you can burst my bubble all you want, angie. i know there's sugars and carbs in fruit n veggies, but i also know there's tons of good vitamins, etc. in them that your body needs. and your body also needs carbs n sugar, and better to get them from 'natural' sources then from white bread n pop.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.



    White Bread......



    ReplyDelete
  10. Plus, fruit keeps you regular.



    I watched a video recently (borrowed from a "friend" who is into natural remedies etc.) that basically said that a clean, healthy colon is vitally important to a healthy body--and that a lot of our health problems are the result of an unhealthy colon. Could be...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I checked out the "Environmental Working Group" sight and noticed half way down the page a space asking for donations.....not sure of the legitimacy......you know how "groups" can be...... I'll just keep scrubbing my apples.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.