Friday, November 05, 2004

Pastors and Spouse Retreat 2004

Well, I looked for an internet connection, but it was probably just as well I didn't find any. We were suppose to be on retreat, an intensive, 40 hour retreat, in Calgary.


Lauralea and I and Steve and Lisa hit the road early Monday morning and drove hard to Calgary, arriving just in time for supper.


It was great, face to face wise. Good connections and conversations, again.


Tuesday afternoon a couple of us headed into Banff.



It had just snowed, so it was quite pretty.


The homemade candy store was also open, so that was pretty too!!



Lisa and Lauralea are tucking little Callah into her ride while Liz and Gavin are watching, ...and learning!


What was funny (Interesting) was that all through Banff there were cleancut couples purchasing little treats for their kids. I finally worked up the nerve and asked one small group if they were Free Methodists. I knew that they were having their pastors retreat at that time too.


They replied that they were Baptists! Two different baptist groups were having their retreat at that time too, (And they were staying at the Banff Springs Hotel, which we made much sport of!!) 


They told us there was also an Alliance pastors retreat happening at the same time. 5 different groups of pastors in the mountains. I asked who in the world was minding the churches...


Well, the highlight for Steve came when he found a real "nice" hat for sale. And that wasn't enough for us to make fun of, he had to buy himself a stick too. A chewing stick that looked like oak...



Festus and I and our wives returned to Prince Albert after a quick run into the Ikea store.


We got home early Thursday morning, well uh, rested.


 

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Festus ... that's a good one. It looks like you guys had a fun time. Next time I'm hanging out with you guys. (I think that's what I said last year.) Peace Brother.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.