Saturday, March 19, 2005

A thousand tiny bandaids

Well, another week is down the tube. Or, if you're an eternal optimist, another week full of opportunities thinly disguised as problems, has passed by!


Monday started off a bit fuzzy, but ended well with a date with "her whom I love" and I going to see the movie Hitch.


Tuesday I was in school as a kind of "guest expert." And ended the day late with a cold turkey sandwich. (a personal favourite of mine.)


By Wednesday I'd had about enough of the weather, and thought you all should know about it.


Thursday was a Day'O the Green, with a Mennonite twist.


And Friday, I won a Donut, and that was the high point of the day. It kinda fell apart when I got a call, as a friend and pastor. Some hard news.


Been a bit of a rollercoaster this week, emotionally I mean. For a lot of people, hope is all they have. And hope seems to die the death of a thousand tiny cuts.


I get to listen to them, sit with them, be overwhelmed with them. Then, when it's time, I try to point them in the right direction, and bless them as they go.


And suddenly, it's Sunday again. And we will gather together out of our busy schedules and successes and failures, and worship The One who gives us true hope and peace. Together we will create an hour of worship  for Him alone. And as we take our eyes off of ourselves and put them on Him, He will meet with us and breathe upon us, healing our diseases, and renewing our hope.


And we will go out into a new week, a little more hopefilled, and a little more alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.