Saturday, April 16, 2005

Business done. Celebration begins.

The business side of things is now completed, and it went well. It's always amazing to hear the God stories in the different areas of the Country, and work that we do together.


In about a half hour the banquet begins, and the celebration of thanksgiving that follows. The Covenant Bible College Gospel Choir is up from Strathmore, so we will have a joint jumpin good time tonight.


I've been able to connect with the people I wanted to meet with here, that's been good. And I also took the opportunity to meet with a Counselor they had available for pastors during the weekend. It was good too. As a pastor it shouldn't surprise me, (but it did again) how good it is to sit and talk for an hour, and have someone listen and tell me what he's hearing from me. Like having an extra set of ears. Anyway, that was helpful.


Tomorrow, after the morning communion service, we will be heading home. Thankfully this year we only have a four hour trip.


So, it's all going well here.


I'll pray for you tomorrow morning, you pray for me, ok?


From the town of Norquay.


PS. I went for a walk today and I could hear a person drilling a hole in their inside wall, in their home, 2 blocks away. Seriously. Is this place quiet or what?!?

5 comments:

  1. It's quiet because the wind finally died down. I live in Yorkton and when I woke up this morning I wondered "Why is it so quiet?" and then I realized the gale force winds that had been trying to take the roof off of our house had finally moved on... YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beck, you live in Yorkton?



    I guess I'm just north of there a bit.



    It's interesting walking around town, (Norquay). Trees down, church spires gone, signs down, shingles all over the place...



    Glad it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... behind the Ukranian Curtain... where everyone drives 10 km below the speed limit at all times, where you can't get a good bowl of wonton soup - where the grocery store is for standing around talking - not for buying groceries and getting the heck out of there...



    Yorkton: "Where good things happen." Seriously. That's our motto. You can get it on a T-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, what are you doing in Yorkton?? (Where Good Things Happen!)



    ...Besides looking for good wonton soup I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just living... my husband teaches here.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.