Sunday, April 17, 2005

Home again, safe and ...

Well, we made it back home tonight and I can report to being Safe, and not sure of the "Sound" part.


The meetings went well and, as I reported earlier on, I had the chance to have some very good conversations with some people. The whole "Wall to wall crowds and 8am till 9pm crowds" became tiresome. I was thankful for my bed located out on a very quiet farm, far from the maddening crowds. The silence of that place still rings in my head. It's actually a very cool experience.


Coming home I think I felt a lot of things settling on me again. I was a bit jealous of the silence and focused work of the last few days. Now I'm returning to some unfinished tasks and ongoing noise. Maybe it's time for the summer holidays to start sooner rather than later.


This morning the worship service was sweet. I didn't have to preach or lead or be responsible for anything except my heart worshipping God. That was very good.


During the service, God started speaking to me about some things I hadn't seen or understood before. I furiously scribbled away trying to keep up with the things He was showing me. Turned out to be quite profound you know? Pictures and helpful insights into myself, from his perspective. And, he wasn't judgemental about my failures. Wasn't as harsh as I'd be with me, that's for sure. But gracious and loving, and solid.


I was so grateful for that moment of clear contact. Now I need to process these things, and I will.


 


In other news...


It turned out my first piece was published by the Prince Albert Daily Herald yesterday. They included this webspace in my mini bio, so we should smarten up and behave a little better while some new people drop by to check the place out.  I'll try not to mention anything about men and their bathroom habits, and definitely no s-e-x talk for a while ok?


:-)


That is all, and it is good to be home.


g'nite.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray for first (of many?) publications! Congrats, cousin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time, and especially glad to hear how God spoke to you.



    "And, he wasn't judgemental about my failures. Wasn't as harsh as I'd be with me, that's for sure. But gracious and loving, and solid."



    I'm sure this is the sole reason that the church hasn't been swallowed whole by the ground opening under it. If He dealt with us as we'd deal with each other and ourselves then there'd be nothing but smoking ruins left by now.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.