Monday, July 18, 2005

Alright, I confess

my day off freaks me out.


It didn't always, but lately it's been scary. I feel like I should be doing something, something I'm missing. The list of people to connect with keeps popping up in my head... I should be working, but I have to wait till this day off is over before I can work again.


That ain't healthy.


When the day off becomes about waiting for the next work day to arrive. That just isn't right.


I think I'm wrong in my head.


Or someplace.

3 comments:

  1. You.



    Need



    A



    Holiday.



    Our house is empty in a while. If you wanted to come sooner, rather than later, you can stay in a country cottage for a couple of weeks. I can even disconnect broadband.



    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i understand the feeling. my husband made me promise that on my upcoming holidays, I will do nothing but relax, instead of trying to find things to do to keep me busy (such as cleaning the house, etc.)



    In fact, on my recent unplanned days off (due to the accident), i was hobbling around the house trying to do things, tidy things, etc. It's hard to actually take a break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you feel that you should be doing something, do something for you. On Steve's days off, he always works on the Landy or his last day off, he spent the day making a knife out of a leafspring. He insists it doesn't feel like "work" b'cos he's doing something he likes to do.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.