Sunday, July 17, 2005

Today I went to Kinshasa, then Copenhagen,

Then Bermuda, London, and the Canadian Arctic.


If you've not downloaded and tried Google Earth, baby are you missing a perspective.


This software does have some high requirements, but it is an amazing piece of work. It will show you the earth, in pictures, from satellites. Zoom in, get close, see people in their yards. Check the traffic on the roads. You name it.


Some parts of the earth are better photographed, mind you, but it's cool just to skim along at a few thousand feet, and enjoy the scenery. Through the Canadian Arctic or the African deserts, it's amazing.


The other day I "Flew" from Winnipeg to Prince Albert, nice and quickly. I followed the highway all the way, just like it is in real life. Just a few thousand kilometers faster.


If you can, check it out.


If you can't, sigh, I guess an atlas will have to do.

5 comments:

  1. I downloaded it a couple of days ago. Amazing... I think I actually saw myself looking up at the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for that link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What exactly are you trying to say Curtis??

























    :-)



    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing technology. But I'm waiting for the GPS version so I can have it in my vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See if you can identify some of the shots at GoogleEarthing.com. There might even be one in Saskatchewan, but that might be a hint, so I won't say much more.



    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.