Thursday, August 11, 2005

Decompression: Day Four

As the result of staying in a home that values the Weather channel, 24/7, I have learned what a Low Pressure system is, and that we're in one now.


I'm convinced that this is a direct result of an act of God. A God who loves me.


If you watch one of the many maps they display all day and night, you see this low pressure system pushed down from the Canadian Arctic, down through Saskatchewan, just past Broadview Sask.


This Low Pressure system has mean't that the temperature has remained at a balmy 20C during the day, and down into the single digits overnight.


This makes everything better.


The conversations, the relationships, the yardwork, the walking, the sex, the chores, the hanging out. It's all better when it's not 30C. 


Some more proof that He likes me. Not because of what I've done, or that I've been good. Not because of who i married, or what family I come from. Not because of my skin colour or gender or even sexual orientation. Not because I mix coke and eggnog, and certainly not because I like Electric Light Orchestra and cheer for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.


He likes me, just because.


And he feels the same about you. Low pressure system, or not.

9 comments:

  1. You mix coke & eggnog! Good grief!



    It's funny to hear you talking about how the weather is cool, & what a blessing that is on holiday - in this country we all frantically hope for hot, or at least warm weather, or at the very least DRY weather. Please!

    Next week we are camping with our church family & everyone is hoping & praying for good weather.The week after we have rented a house in Hastings on the south coast-we are still hoping for good weather.

    However it has been nice this week & three weeks good weather in a row is very unlikely!



    We Brits have a little rhyme:

    'Whatever the weather we'll weather the weather whether we like it or not'

    Too true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, to me a beautiful day is overcast and not very hot. Bit of rain would be ok too. Nice walking weather.



    Course, I am a bit strange that way.



    And I hope for you Chris, and your guy(s), a great break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, who else can spot the punctuation problems in the post!?!



    Thanks Phil!!



    :-)





    ...is Marc still in bed today?



    ReplyDelete
  4. No. Marc's at work biting his tongue very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But since you men'tion it... (Dixie made me say it like that)



    Here is the fix for your apostrophe abuse: ignore your instincts; consider what looks right, and then do the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I think(know actually)God loves me too if you judge by the weather. It has been hot and dry all the way out here to Vancouver. And that is good when tenting!



    No idea what the weather systems are like though since the only TV I've watched all week was tonight in the bar over supper - watching the football game.



    ReplyDelete
  7. That Dixie is to smart for her own good!



    Hey, Linea, good to see you.



    It would have been good to be in a bar, after that game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only spotted one case of apostrophe abuse in this post (should be meant). The Day Three post contained a couple though, worthy of a good scolding and finger wagging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had one, yes one, lovely day on the beach out of....let me see.....21 vacation days!!!!! I just figure God doesn't want me to get skin cancer 'tis all. He's lookin' out for the both of us, I guess.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.