Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Decompression: Day Three

Well, I woke up at seven this morning, which was exactly when I wanted to wake up. I got up and out and went for a long long walk around town. The early morning seems so fresh and still around here ... it's good.


The back pain is mostly gone, as is the headache. And the weather is cooperating perfectly. Highs of 20 C makes this place a refreshing place to be, and it allows us to sleep at night.


This morning the guys and I walked up to the town Bakery and got some apple fritters, glazed donuts, and my favourite, a toasted coconut Long John. This town has the most amazing bakery I've experienced in a long time. And the town seems to agree. The bakery has launched a huge building program on a vacant lot downtown. The first building program in 40 years. So that bodes well for this place. At least they will be able to eat good bread.


We also picked up some cheap fireworks for tonight. We'll make our presence known in this berg.


Yesterday while out walking, Lauralea came across an old Anglican church that they've put up for sale. A small wood frame deal that has always been a thing of beauty tucked under the trees. To say it is a goal of ours would be much to strong a phrase, but we've always thought it would be cool to buy an old church and turn it into a home/prayer space/community place. On a whim, we called up the person responsible. We are going to look at it this week.


I don't see us moving or even buying it, but it will be fun to look and dream a little. Maybe even through this rest time while our bodies and spirit's are being renewed, some of our dreams or ideas of the future are being renewed too. Again, while I don't see us moving or even purchasing it, it's good to dream and think again. To place your dreams in the safety of Gods grasp on your future. 


It'll be fun.


Thanks for your prayers and your little notes of encouragement, they are indeed a blessing.


Peace, God's peace to you and yours.

5 comments:

  1. Randall - I've always fancied turning an old chapel into a home like that. Unfortunately 'round here such things are a little expensive.



    I'm very glad your body is settling now. I used to be a little like that at weekends - I'd run a 2 day headache (clear again on Monday) and while I'd wake up early, usually it was a struggle to actually leave the bed. Still, it sounds like you're in a good place - just pray you get that vision back with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I hope you have as good a holiday as I am. I'm praying towards that end!



    The small churches around here in the small towns are still quite a bargin. Very affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are decompressing - maybe the sudden decompression gve you the bends. Hmm - spiritual bends maybe. Little vacuums in your system that need to be worked out. Have a good time and watch out for that bread!



    Yesterday and today I drove through the most incredible parts of God's creation. I think I would like to do this again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I find that we know we are truly relaxed when we start dreaming. It takes a rested to spirit to dare to dream.



    So I'm thrilled to hear you are pondering this wonderful decision.



    Continued peace and R&R to you both today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Christy,



    very good insight. hadn't even thought of it that way before.



    thanks.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.