Saturday, October 29, 2005

Evening Prayers

Join me in prayer tonight, as we draw this week to a close and look ahead to the next.


Taken from Universalis.



Psalm 4


Take pity on me, Lord, and listen to my prayer. Alleluia.
When I called out, he heard me, the God of my righteousness.
When I was in trouble, you gave me freedom:
 now, take pity on me and listen to my prayer.


Sons of men, how long will your hearts be heavy?
 Why do you seek for vain things?
 Why do you run after illusions?
Know that the Lord has done marvellous things
 for those he has chosen.
When I call upon the Lord, he will hear me.


Be vigorous, but do not sin:
 speak in the silence of your heart,
 in your bed, be at rest.
Offer righteousness as a sacrifice,
 and put your trust in the Lord.


Many are saying, Who will give us good things?
Let your face shine on us, Lord,
 let the light of your face be a sign.
You have given me a greater joy
 than the others receive
 from abundance of wheat and of wine.
In peace shall I sleep, Lord, in peace shall I rest:
 firm in the hope you have given me.



Keep us safe, Lord, while we are awake, and guard us as we sleep, so that we can keep watch with Christ and rest in peace. Alleluia.


Now, Master, you let your servant go in peace. You have fulfilled your promise.
My own eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all peoples.
A light to bring the Gentiles from darkness; the glory of your people Israel.


Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,


Amen.


Keep us safe, Lord, while we are awake, and guard us as we sleep, so that we can keep watch with Christ and rest in peace. Alleluia.
 
Come to us, Lord, this night, and give us the strength to rise at dawn rejoicing in the resurrection of your Anointed, who lives and reigns for ever and ever, Amen.


May the almighty Lord grant us a quiet night and a perfect end.



No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.