Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I can't sleep

My spirit is troubled tonight.  I Don't know why yet.


Can't sleep so I'm up, praying.


Praying


Like a deep sense of foreboding. Like the calm before the storm.


I don't know what it is.


I ask and wait in the stillness. Images flood my mind.


I pray through the images, looking for the one. But my spirit doesn't find release.


I almost feel like vomiting, it's so unnerving.


I wish I could phone some of you, make sure you are ok.


But I can't, so I keep praying.


 


I can't remember the last time I felt like this. It throws me.


So I go back to what I know, back to the One I know.


And I call out to him as I run to him.


He eases my fear. I have been heard.


Lord have mercy.
Christ have mercy.
Lord have mercy on us.

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, Lord have mercy. Praying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has given you a servant heart. Thanks for being there.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.