Saturday, December 03, 2005

c o l d, s o c o l d

I can't seem to warm up.


I turn on the shower as hot as I can stand it. Then I turn it up two notches more.


I stand in it's restoring stream, letting the burn I feel on my skin seep deeper.


This helps. Hope returns. I will be ok.


I dry off, glowing red.


Falling into bed exhausted.


 


 


I can't seem to fall asleep.


12:30


1:30


2:30


3:30


 


I'm cold again.


I pull the blankets over my head, and wait for morning.


cold.

3 comments:

  1. I know that feeling. One of my best gifts was a $10 hair dryer to use under the blankets to get the heat started in my "sleep tent". Thankfully I now have a wife to keep me warm but I completely understand as I still takre my hair dryer to bed when she is away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wear two pairs of p.j.s and then get a heating blanket, thats what i do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy an electric blanket. It's an investment you won't regret.



    Do make sure it has separate heat controls for "his" and "her" sides.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.