Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hope renewed

Well, the day is done and I am generally encouraged. It seems that God may have gone before us, again.

I dunno why, after so much prayer, I should expect differently. Probably a weakness of mine.

Anyway, many meetings now completed.

Tonight I escaped with Johanna for a while. She's changing a lot these days, and its good. Real good. When she was a small kid, God gave me a picture of her in the future, (as he has with all my children.) For a long while I thought that image may have been all in my head, because of who she has been. But lately God has been reminding me of that picture, and I'm seeing her change into this person God named her to be years ago.

I guess I need that small encouragement because frankly parenting is the hardest thing I've ever done. Ever. And there are days I feel a very complete failure.

Still, God has a part to play in the lives of these short people. And he does his best too, which is so much better than mine.


Anyway, I am so very tired. The emotional toll of today, together with the fact of being up till 2 or 3 last night working, makes Randy a very tired guy.

So, Good night.

And thanks to those of you who have covered me with prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.