Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Masa has Landed

After 7 years of bureaucratic bumbling and heart wrenching waiting, one half of our refugees from the Congo have finally arrived.

We started to try to get them out because they were in danger from the fighting factions that tore apart the Congo from within and without. We worked hard to get them out, (None harder than Eric Lanoie, pictured below)

And today while I was in Saskatoon for meetings, I got a text message that Masa would be arriving today, rather than tomorrow. So I headed over to the Airport and was there to help welcome him, to Canada.

He brought with him all he had in this world. And it all fit into a small handbag he was carrying with him.

May God bless him and his new life here in this strange, cold land.

(Umm, yeah, Masa is the Black guy.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it has worked out. How strange some things here must be to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a long wait, but it's good to see that Masa actually made it. We're looking forward to meeting him. Now to help him get acquainted with his new home.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.