Monday, May 08, 2006

Strike two for Tom Cruise

First came ?War of The, He Should Have Died 42 Times, Worlds.?

Tonight Lauralea and I attended ?Mission Absolutely Impossible And There´s No Freakin Way Any Of This Is Even Slightly Believable? which felt like it was a cinematic piece of C***.

Maybe I´m maturing, finally. Maybe I´m getting more cultured and have more taste. But the best thing in that theater tonight was the stale, unsalted popcorn.

Besides all that, I seem to be growing into a person who is sensitive to loud, sharp noises. I don´t know if that is because of a general weariness, or a result of changes within me. But boy, my family is starting to know that one.

Anyway, Tom, one more piece of garbage on your CV and I´m off your movies.

Consider yourself notified.

5 comments:

  1. I thought the second Mission Impossible was more or less a stinker, too.



    We must have passed like ships in the night. Madeline and I went and saw Ice Age 2 tonight. It was OK, but it was the date with my daughter that was important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Man!! That was AWESOME!! Maybe that just shows my "immaturity". I liked Mi:3. Philip Seymour Hoffman stole the show!



    oh yeah...so you wanna buy a Landcruiser?? We'll sell it to ya real cheap...Bob (wink wink, nudge nudge)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Last Samurai" = "Dances With Wolves" in another culture. (And "Dances with Wolves" is essentially another movie redone too.) It's not that I didn't like Last Samurai, but kept feeling that I'd seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the movie too. It wasn't as good as the first one, but it couldn't possibly be. However, it was solid gold compared to the second one. I wasn't a big fan of the "settling down into life with a good woman who gets kidnapped" idea of the plot. It wasn't original enough.

    And aside from Tom Cruise's very bizarre fascination with Scientology and Katie Holmes, I like him a lot. "Last Samurai" = awesome.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.