Thursday, July 06, 2006

How to make lunch at the office when you get hungry

1. Go down to the kitchen and dig out that box of Kraft Mac and Cheese you put there over a year ago.

2. Boil the noodles.

3. Drain the water when cooked.

4. Add three pats of butter you find in the fridge.

5. Put some powered coffee creamer in a cup, add warm water, stir the lumps out and add that to the noodles.

6. Mix in the powdered cheese.

7. Stir, and serve with a glass of cold water.


Mmmm. My years at college were not a complete waste of time.

And don"t feel too sorry for me. Toni"s cooking Indian for us today for supper. I can"t wait.

5 comments:

  1. all I can say is

    ENJOY...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could start up your own cooking blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I try to avoid dairy as much as I can, I have realized that with KD that you don't NEED to add milk or butter. I beleive that the powdered cheese sauce has milk powder in it because I usually just add a bit of water to the pot and stir in the cheese and it is quite creamy. Much creamier than I expected watery cheese sauce to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kraft dinner has saved my life many a time when my parents leave town on vacations.

    Unfortunately though, I disagree with angie. Milk and butter is absolutely necessary for the bonding process between the powder and noodles. It brings out the proper texteure (as the french say, NOT a typo...) but also enhances the KD with that smooth buttery taste we all know and love.

    But then again who says there have to be absolutes when cooking the delicate food of KD?

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.