Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Plass

Tonight Lauralea and I had the opportunity to go and hear a literary hero of ours who was in Saskatoon.
Adrian Plass, and his wife Bridget.

Twelve years ago we stumbled upon his writing. “The Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass, Age 37" was our first stop on this delightful journey and he"s continued to make us laugh, and feel particularly well liked by God.

Anyway, he"s on a tour across Canada with Steve Bell these days, and tonight he and Bridget talked for an hour in a Saskatoon church. We went with Marc and Dixie and had a nice supper in town, then headed to the concert.

He did not disappoint these spiritual groupies at all.

After their talk, Steve did an hour too, which is always good. But Lauralea and I had a chance to meet and talk with Adrian and his wife, to try to communicate how much his writings had encouraged us, without being completely gushy.

We bought his new CD and I had brought along the first Plass book we had purchased, which we got him to sign. They were surprised to see that book still around, and were delighted to sign it for us.

In Canada, being a fan of The Plass is somewhat like a belonging to a small fanatical fan group. Not many people know of him, but if you do, you usually love his work.

Funny how these opportunities come around now and then, and what a Devine treat they are, from One who like us a lot.

You can become fans of The Plass, by visiting his website and giving a listen to some of his work.
http://www.adrianplass.com/

Go on. You know you want to.

2 comments:

  1. Dixie and I are fans now too. He had me in tears within minutes on Sunday and his CD did the same. A new obsession has begun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've known AP for a long time, although when I checked out his biography I realised I didn't remember him quite as accurately as I'd thought. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.