Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back to work

Well, I think that nearly does it for my holidays this year. This week we've played games, watched movies, eaten Christmas snacks, traveled back and forth to Saskatoon a couple of times, got the van fixed, and other assorted small projects.

And tomorrow I'm back at work.

I feel ready to get back at it. Maybe one might even use the word eager when describing my desire, and that is a good thing. I wasn't sure it would be enough of a break, but it seems to have been.

But I don't want to go back to where I was at , you know? Skimming along the surface, taking care that the Christmas things got done the right ways.

No, I need to take some time to go deep for a while. Just go deep.

I might start off next week with a bit of a local retreat. Set aside some days for prayer and silence. I'm in need of a season of that, so I will plan to work it in.

I realized that my regular pastoral retreat/conference which I usually attend each February, I will have to miss this year.

This year the gathering is in Denver, and guess who forgot to get a passport in time for the US January deadline, for all Canadians flying in to produce a passport.
Uh, yeah, me.

But then again, it's been snowing ALOT in Denver lately, and here today the temperature was +5 C. Yes you read that right, +5.

I wonder what this year will hold. What dreams will be realized, and which ones will be layed aside. I think that the quiet and prayer will help to clarify those directions and purposes, and I'm looking forward to that.

So for now, may you and yours have a most blessed new year.

1 comment:

  1. Randall, thank you for being my/our pastor.
    Thank you for who you are, how you encourage, the way you lead, the person God has been shaping over the years and your response to His leading.
    Your example and wise counsel has meant a lot to me.
    And I look forward to another year with you at Gateway.
    Blessings on you and your family.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.