Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ash Wednesday today

Ash Wednesday today And lent begins.

We start the slow walk towards the cross, and all that it means for us.

We consider our own lives and our own choices. We dare look inside ourselves and see what is there.

And we move to the place of prayer, to confess and to name our sins.

And we repent, to confess and receive forgiveness for the things that we do or the things that we do not do.

We turn in new directions journeying towards the hope of the cross.

40 days.

Let us begin the inner journey, towards forgiveness and healing and life.

Let us go to the cross.

»?

2 comments:

  1. If you don't mind. I will travel along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked having the cross marked on our heads, if someone asked why we have a cross on our head, it was a chance to tell people about it. More churches should do it and not just the Catholics. I never been an Ash Wednesday service and it was a unique experience. Putting my confession on that piece of paper and throwing it in the waste basket to be burned was one of the hardest things I have ever done. But on the same token, it was one of the most humbling (for a lack of a better word) things I have ever done. It just made that alternative worship gathering at nine that much more better for me to just worship God and Jesus. This alternative worship had the whole place oozing with the love for God. It was great.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.