Thursday, February 08, 2007

lightness comes

It"s late I know, but things are stirring and we need to be about the business of talking to God about these things. Certainly not because he doesn"t know about them already, but in our talking to God about them, we invite his presence and efforts in them.

It"s like a “Let thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven,”? kind of invitation. And for whatever reason, it seems important that we invite him into our “Things.”? It seems to give him room or permission to act in ways he wasn"t able to act before we asked.

So here I am talking to him.

As I said, a couple of things are stirring inside. Usually that happens when God wants me praying about some thing. Different names or situations will repeatedly come to my mind and there will be a kind of weight there. As I bring them before God in prayer the weight eases and lightness comes.

:)

The WMBI radio stream I"m listening to just started to play a song about prayer. Que the Twilight Zone music!!

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear.
What a privilege to carry, everything to God in Prayer.
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry, everything to God in Prayer.

And you know if you ever want somebody to pray for you just shoot me a note by email or to my cell and I"ll have you covered.

Hey, it"s just a part of the randallfriesen experience.

Nite.

4 comments:

  1. Randall.... we have never met..

    ... I have enjoyed and been inspired and moved by the realness and practicality of your blog. This morning, as I read about prayer and your offer to help carry a load for someone else, I found myself sobbing in front of my computer. I have lived long enough to realize that God, in His infinite wisdom and love, has ways that are often beyond our understanding. I have experienced some of the deep hurts in life that make you realize that He most often moves through "natural" circumstances rather than the "miraculous" . I have enough faith to get to a place of peace ... most of the time, and I understand the "urgent" need to go to prayer and release the burden as it grows heavier. I have experienced the lift that comes when leaving something and then, just minutes or hours later, picking it up again and dragging it around, weighing down the joy and lightness that you received earlier. I am a private person and find it difficult to ask others to pray for what concerns me, but maybe, because you are a stranger to me( altho' blogs do reveal a lot !!!l) I have decided to share 2 prayer concerns with you ...
    Thankyou for your generous offer to help a stranger carry a load... I will keep you updated.

    (Edited by Randall upon request of the writer.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that was fast!!!! Now... is there some way you can erase that request before it is around the world and on John Gormly? Thanks LH

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.