Saturday, May 19, 2007

Heather Persson leaving Prince Albert

On Thursday the P.A. Daily Herald ran this announcement;
Persson leaves Herald
HERALD STAFF
Publisher Ian Jensen regrets to announce that managing editor Heather Persson will be leaving the Prince Albert Daily Herald.  Persson accepted a position with the Star Phoenix in Saskatoon.
She came to Prince Albert in the spring of 2004 and her three plus years has been fruitful, said Jensen.
“I would like thank Heather for her dedicated service and wish her well in her new position,” he said.
Persson said, “Prince Albert is full of amazing people who made it a difficult choice for me to leave.
Friday is her final day of work. A new managing editor has not yet been selected. In her 14 years in the newspaper industry, Persson also worked in weekly newspapers in Saskatchewan and British Columbia.

Dear Heather;
Prince Albert will miss you.
The loss of your care for us and love of us will make us the worse for wear.
The loss of your affirmation of who we are, will leave a gap that might leave us less.
Your education of us about ourselves will need to be taken up by others, so that we will not repeat our mistakes, or continue in cycles of brokenness.

And

I will miss you.
The loss of your smile and quick friendliness will make me the worse for wear.
The loss of your inquiries on my well-being and your desire that I am well will leave a gap that might leave me less.
Your help in my development as a writer will need to be taken up by others, so that I will not repeat my mistakes.


Thank you Heather for being with us a while. The city is better because you have been here these past three years. And I am better too.

Your encouragement to write was perfectly timed, and as a result I have been growing in that area. Thank you for that.

We wish you the best in your new endeavour in Saskatoon. We know you will succeed in your professional life and in your personal life.
Whatever you face in your new city we know that it will be a better place because you will be there.

So, it is our loss. But we don't begrudge you the opportunity.
We wish you the best, and expect to hear big things about you.



And as you go, allow me as a pastor to share the blessing:

May the Lord bless you and keep you;
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you:
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.


Thanks Heather.

We'll be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.