Saturday, June 16, 2007

Getting ready

Been having trouble focusing what I need to say tomorrow during the worship gathering.

Father's Day? Yes.

Grad recognition day? Yes.

My last Sunday before Sabbatical? Yes.

Cover the passage from the Common Lectionary? Yes.

So I did the next best thing. I put it aside a bit and went and drove the E25 from Neuchatel to Lausanne, then took a "boat" up to Geneva.

It's a gorgeous day in Switzerland.

God Bless the people who created Google Earth.

They let me live large even in my shrunken world.

2 comments:

  1. How long have you used the lectionary? is it the RCL or traditional and why?

    Curious minds wish to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used it on and off for a couple of years now.

    The reason I do is to help give us a breadth of exposure to all of scripture, so that we don't continue with the same scriptures over and over again.

    There are seasons in which I will take the passage for the day from the options the Common Lectionary gives me. Then there are times I will do a series on a certain theme, etc.

    I started using that one because it's one that is included in the back of our Worship Book.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.