Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Getting in gear

Got a call halfway through my second Tylenol, someone from this church community had just passed away in town, so off I went to the care home.

Even when the loved one has been ill a long time, and you play over in your mind how the day might go when the one who is loved slips the grasp of the earth and is gone, you still are surprised when it happens. And so it was today.

Soon there will be a funeral here, my first in these parts. I need to understand how they walk out those times here, so I can walk alongside them.

I hope my body cooperates, soon. I still feel sick.

 

And to those of you who have emailed, my apologies. I'll get to the emails as soon as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you - be kind to yourself, for all will be well.

    And on a lighter note, I've just had to google Tylenol to understand your drug use - reassured to know that we're talking paracetemol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. And TECHNICALLY, since we're talking generic drugs here, I usually buy the Store's brand of Acetaminophen. (which is just the Canadian/North American version of paracetamol)

    : )

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.