Friday, May 15, 2009

Just life

Yesterday I was in Camrose checking up on a couple of ladies from church, and I had some good connections by the way. One kind soul found out I hadn't eaten breakfast and she took pity on me and I couldn't dissuade her from making me some eggs and toast. Now that's my kind of visitation.

Anyway, between meetings I had a few moments so I hit the well loved used bookstore downtown, and I got two beauties. "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" by Beatrix Potter and "The Poetical Works of John Keats." A real treat.

IMG00021

Then coming home I went past the field Thomas is currently working. He was there rolling it till late last night, and I think he was back there by 7 this morning. The guy is really taking to this farming/farm hand gig, which is kinda out of the blue.

Anyway, I captured a small image with my phone of him rolling a field in the distance.
IMG00029

The rolling helps when the fields are a bit too dry, and it compacts the dirt a bit so the seed stays there snug and safe and doesn't blow away. It also helps to push down any rocks that were missed during the rock picking days. Which he's done a few of too.

Today I am trying to connect with a few other people, so I may be off to town again soon. This time it would be Wetaskiwin.

And the best part is that Lauralea comes home tonight.

I miss her.

4 comments:

  1. "And the best part is that Lauralea comes home tonight."

    ;-)

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy, I have a question to ask you. Do the Nazerene Churches believe in "soul Sleep"? If you don't feel comfortable answering this, I willcertainly understand. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW I'm reminded of a snippet form a Spike Milligan book.

    When Milligan was in Africa with the army they regiment had a change of CO. The new man talked to them about 'culture' while they were on parade, and they were prepared for the experience by the regimental sargeant major. It went along the lines of:

    "Right you 'orrible lot. Colonel Windslow* is going to talk to you about.. (consults piece of paper) ..Keats. I bet not one of you knows what a Keat is!"

    *Not the correct name - I can't remember it right now.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.