Thursday, December 31, 2009

seeping into the hard broken edges of my recent days of busyness and life

And suddenly a song begins to play on my iTunes and my spirit slows and my eyes get all heavy and watery and my heart begins to shift.

It’s like it’s moving inside, changing direction, mood, orientation

Suddenly, because of music, I change.

I immerse myself in it like a hot bath when my aching body settles into the hot healing soothing bliss. Only this is for my spirit, my soul.

Oh it feels so good, seeping into the hard broken edges of my recent days of busyness and life. It hurts as it fills each nook and cavity, but its a good hurt, like hot water covering my tired body.

Music this good is so rare that when I occasionally stumble upon such pieces I hold onto them like rare secret treasures.

This is such a piece. Spiegel im Spiegel by Sergej Bezrodny & Vladimir Spivakov


Now excuse me, I need to let it seep in, deeply.

Healing, cleansing, restoring…


(Here is a video with the exact recording I have. Turn it up all the way, sit back, close your eyes, and rest.)

2 comments:

  1. That music,a cup of tea and 600mg of ibuprofen got rid of my colossal headache. Thanks for the music suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was pretty amazing! Thanks, Randall! I hope to listen to this more times in the future.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.