Friday, March 05, 2010

Big awards show Sunday night

I think we are having company Sunday night but failing that I know I'd have my eyes glued to the TV for the big awards ceremony known as the East Coast Music Awards* being held in Sydney, Nova Scotia Sunday night.

I'd be watching for Amelia Curran, a singer songwriter from Newfoundland who is up for Female Solo Recording of the Year, FACTOR Recording of the Year, Folk Recording of the Year and SOCAN Songwriter of the Year. Her new album Hunter, Hunter is a beautiful piece of work that has also just been nominated for a Juno Award for Roots & Traditional Album of the Year (solo).

Here is a very poor recording of my favourite song of hers, Bye Bye Montreal.
Give it a few seconds in your ears and you'll be watching too.


*Got ya Dix.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.