Tonight it feels like winter is moving in

Tonight it feels like winter is moving in, lock stock, and barrel.

Today was a beautiful day in Edmonton, certainly warm enough for just my sweater. And there were an abnormal amount of motorcyclists out there for November 10th.

But alas tonight there is a freezing rain warning out, and a threat of 5-10 cm of snow falling tomorrow. So, that's a nice foundation of ice, and then it's going to dump snow on top of all that lovely ice. You know what that makes? Me very cranky.

I know it has to come, but it's that initial shock to the system that for me is tough to handle. Especially with a week of vacation left.

I also know that many of you have already faced the grim grip of winters icy hold on you and so you have little pity for me. But remember, tomorrow I have a son driving to town to sing in a concert with a car with rear wheel drive, who hasn't done much winter driving at all. Connect the dots and you'll see that tomorrow has the potential to be a stressful day.

But today was good. A little bit of hospital visitation, a great Vietnamese lunch, some bookstore snooping, a seasonal spiced latte from Starbucks, and tonight a bit more studying. All in all a very good day, which is great because tomorrow is going to be a mess.

Old man winter is moving in.

3 comments:

  1. You can have my sympathy - 8 days ago I was sat in 30+'C, and while it's now cool and damp here, there's no sign of real ice and snow. I wonder if your younger daughter will eventually tire of ceaseless grey skies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks be to God, really, because we've seen a twenty four hour reprieve. That meant that Micah had no snow or ice to mess with and I had no worry issues to deal with.

    Now it's starting outside, slowly at first, but it's starting.

    I think the only thing worse would be +30C right about now.

    :)
    Hope your trip is great Toni.
    And yep I think that cloudy sky thing is reaching into the heart of the girl, along with a few other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She knows where we are, and is welcome to escape if she would like to.

    ReplyDelete

I'm moderating all the comments these days.
I'll release your comment as soon as I've seen it.

Thanks.